We invite all those interested in the native plants of Jackson Hole to enjoy our programs, information sources and good company. We are the Teton Chapter of the Wyoming Native Plant Society. Voluntary membership dues help support our educational efforts. We welcome your participation in any way you choose.
To learn more about the Teton Chapter of the Wyoming Native Plant Society, click here or on the About tab above.
UPCOMING LECTURES, WALKS, and HIKES
From January through June 2014, 6 pm, every fourth Tuesday of the month, we will present a program at the Teton County Library in partnership with the Teton County Library. 125 Virginian Lane, Jackson. WY. FREE. We welcome your ideas for speakers!
- Tuesday, October 28, 6 pm, Teton County Library, “Biodiversity: What it is and how to measure it.” Free. Many are familiar with the word “biodiversity,” but what does it really mean and how do we apply it? Using classic and local examples, Mike Merigliano will show different ways to measure ecological diversity and how these methods can be used to aid management of natural areas. Mike Merigliano, Ph.D., is a plant ecologist who has specialized in riparian areas and other habitats throughout the Western U.S. He has called the Greater Yellowstone region his home for over thirty years. Co-sponsored with Teton County Library.
- HOLD THE DATE for 2015: July 10 – 13, 2015, Joint Annual Meeting of the Wyoming and Idaho Native Plant Societies. Fieldtrips will be on both sides of the Tetons. More information to come…
Furthermore, we offer occasional winter field trips, so stay posted! All field trips are free and open to the public. Questions? Email us at tetonplants [at] gmail [dot] com
To chat with others in the group, post a comment below (the most recent comment is on top and see “Stay In Touch” below to learn how to subscribe to comments). For example:
- Log a special plant siting (please, for their protection, do not give locations of rare plants), OR
- See if others want to meetup for an impromptu plant hike, OR
- Suggest an activity for our program
To help identify a plant, send the image(s) in an email to – tetonplants [at] gmail [dot] com – and try to keep the file under 1 MB. We will show the image in a blog post with the name and, perhaps, other information. In the comment section for that blog post, anyone can weigh in on the answer. You can find all plant ID posts by clicking here or on the Plant ID category in the sidebar.
STAY IN TOUCH
There are three ways you can stay on top of all of our activities:
First, email us to join our email list by clicking here – OR tetonplants [at] gmail [dot] com. Get notices and reminders of events (this is different than subscribing to new blog posts).
Second, join the comments on this page, our homepage, at the bottom. You have to make a comment to join, so go ahead and make a comment like, “subscribe me to comments.” ALSO, check the box, “Notify me of follow-up comments via email.” We’ll delete the comment but you’ll still be subscribed. NOTE: the name you enter to sign up will be emailed to everyone who has subscribed to comments.
Third, to receive all new blog posts by email, enter your email in the sidebar at the upper right and click the Follow button. At present, we don’t have plans for a lot, if any, blog posts. But this blog/website is new so we’re looking for ideas. Stay tuned…